You don’t have to do much to a ruffed grouse to bring out the great taste; nor do you want to go too far and overwhelm the natural flavors. This simple but delicious recipe archives the perfect balance.
- 4 ruffed grouse breasts, butterflied
- 4 slices Monterey Jack, 1/8-inch thick
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup cornflakes, crushed
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Make a slit almost all the way through each breast; fill each slit with 1 slice of cheese.
- Whisk egg white lightly; brush over outsides of breasts. Press each breast all over into cornflake crumbs until coated.
- Heat oil in a heavy ovenproof skillet over medium heat; brown breasts, turning once, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to oven; roast for 10 minutes to finish cooking.
Follow our FISHING BLOG
WEBSITE RATES FISH HUNT CABINS PHOTOS
TESTIMONIALS BROCHURE HUNT BOOKLET