Is there a goulash soup recipe for those cold nights after being out all day? Well, yes, there is! And, even better yet, it includes wild game meat!
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 lb ground deer/elk meat
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- pepper, to taste
- 2 potatoes, peeled and cut in 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed beef broth
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup egg noodles (optional)
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, brown meat in vegetable oil until it is no longer pink, about 8 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium and add onion, pepper and celery. Saute until vegetables are softened, about 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle flour over meat and vegetables and cook for 2 minutes, stirring a few times.
- Add paprika, oregano, salt and pepper. Stir.
- Add potatoes, beef broth and water. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer 15-20 minutes until potatoes are almost done. Add egg noodles and cook for an additional 5 minutes until done.
Garnish with sour cream, chopped fresh dill and serve with pickles.
Follow our FISHING BLOG